I am a former ballet dancer who trained at elite ballet schools when I was young and then went on to dance professionally (see About Elizabeth). When I was dancing, I had a lot of questions about food, injuries, and performance anxiety. Without a health coach or mentor, I ended up making most of my decisions on my own. Those decisions were not always backed up with knowledge and consequently, weren’t always the best. In short, I could have benefited from the kind of support that I am offering you.
As a health coach, I approach health from a holistic perspective, taking into account diet and lifestyle, body image, self-confidence, and the “occupational hazards” of performing like injury, performance anxiety and weight management. It is my goal as your health coach to help you achieve your maximum potential and perform happily in a healthy, pain-free body. As we work together, you will define your goals and we will create a program to help you reach those goals. Some of the issues we may work through together are:
- Achieving your goals as a dancer and a person
- Achieving a more balanced diet and lifestyle
- Eating for energy and endurance
- Combating performance anxiety and stress
- Dealing with injury, which can be the most challenging time of your training and career.
We will work together over a six-month period, incorporating realistic, simple changes to your diet and lifestyle to help you achieve your health and performing goals. At the end of our six-month program, you will have
- Increased self-confidence and self-awareness on personal and artistic levels
- Mastery of strategies for combating performance anxiety and stress
- An increased understanding of how mind-body imbalances impede progress and improvement in strategies for achieving balance
- A clearer understanding of how diet and lifestyle impact the capacity to learn and perform